Honey Smoked Salmon BLT Sandwich
Gimme an H! Gimme a B! Gimme an L! Gimme a T! What does that spell? One heck of a sandwich! You know the drill: Toast the bread, stack the ingredients and swipe on some zesty mayo — but this time, add in some Honey Smoked Salmon and prepare to be delighted.
- 4 oz Original Honey Smoked Salmon (bring to room temperature)
- 6 thick slices smoked bacon
- 4 slices good bread, cut 1/2-inch thick
- 4 tbsp pesto mayonnaise (blend 1 cup mayonnaise with 1/2 cup pesto)
- 4 to 8 leaves of iceberg/head lettuce, washed and spun very dry
- 1 large ripe tomato, sliced 1/2-inch thick
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Cook bacon until brown and crisp in either a preheated 400 degree oven or sauté pan on the stovetop. Drain on paper towels and set aside.
- Toast bread until evenly browned. Place 2 slices on a cutting board. Spread each slice with about 1 tbsp of the pesto mayonnaise and top with 1 ounce of Honey Smoked Salmon. Cover with a layer of lettuce. Place 3 slices of bacon on top of each sandwich, then add a layer of tomato slices on top of the bacon. Season with freshly ground black pepper.
- Spread each of the remaining 2 slices of toasted bread with 1 tbsp of pesto mayonnaise and place the mayonnaise side down on top of the sandwiches. Cut in half and serve immediately.