- 8oz. Honey Smoked Salmon, room temperature and flaked into 4 equal portions
- 4oz. fresh goat cheese, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 medium butternut squash
- 2 medium granny smith apples
- 3 ribs celery, chopped fine
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup toasted walnuts
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
In a large mixing bowl, combine goat cheese, honey, olive oil, vinegar, lemon juice with the cracked black pepper. Stir well with a whisk until fully combined and creamy.
Remove the top narrow portion of the butternut squash and peel. Discard or use the bulb portion for something else. Using a mandolin or sharp knife, cut the peeled cylinder into fine long matchsticks (julienne); this should yield about 4 cups. Julienne the apples (leave the skins on) the same way as the squash.
Fold both the squash, apples, green onions and celery into the cheese dressing along with the dried cranberries, walnuts and chopped parsley. Arrange on plates and top with Honey Smoked Salmon and serve immediately.
*You can use any of the flavors of Honey Smoked Salmon: Original, Cracked Peppers, Cajun, or Chipotle Lime…but the Cracked Peppers would be particularly good with this!