Honey Smoked Salmon Caesar Salad
Enjoy a fresh twist on the traditional Caesar by swapping out anchovies for delicious, flaky, heart healthy Honey Smoked Salmon! Grab your whisk and some crunchy romaine and you’re halfway to a satisfying, nutritious meal!
- 8 oz Original Honey Smoked Salmon
- 1 head romaine lettuce (hearts and tender leaves only)
- 1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese (Parmigiano Reggiano)
- 3/4 cup croutons
- 6 oz Caesar salad dressing, store bought or recipe below
- Fresh ground black pepper to taste
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tbsp dijon mustard
- 2 tsp fresh garlic, minced
- 1 oz Honey Smoked Salmon, mashed
- 2 tbsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 3 drops Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- In a mixing bowl, add yolk, mustard, garlic and Honey Smoked Salmon. Whisk together until well blended. Continue whisking and slowly add lemon juice and Worcestershire sauce. Then slowly drizzle in olive oil and continue whisking until well blended.
- To assemble the salad, separate the romaine leaves. Wash, drain, dry, tear into bite-sized pieces and set aside (this can be done in advance and stored in the refrigerator).
- In a large wooden bowl, add 1/3 of the dressing and toss with the croutons until well coated.
- Add romaine, Honey Smoked Salmon, cheese and remaining dressing; toss until well coated.
- Serve on plates and top with fresh ground black pepper.