- 6 large eggs
- 2 tablespoon mayonnase
- 1/2 wheel Boursin cheese (shallot and chive)
- 2 tablespoons fresh snipped chives
- 2 tablespoons Italian flat leaf parsley, chopped fine
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- dash of freshly ground black pepper
- 1 ounce Original Honey Smoked Salmon
- Skin to be roasted and used as garnish
- chopped chives and parsley to garnish
Preheat oven to 400°F
Remove about 3 oz. salmon skin from the Honey Smoked Salmon® fillet and place it on a small pan; roast the skin in oven until completely crisp (but not burnt) 12 – 15 minutes. Remove from oven and cool to room temperature and set aside.
Place eggs in a single layer in a saucepan; add water to depth of 3 inches. Bring to a boil; cover, remove from heat and let stand 15 minutes. Immediately drain and fill the saucepan with cold water and ice. Chill at least 20 minutes (or make a day ahead).
Firmly tap each egg on the counter until cracks form all over the shell. Peel under cold running water. Cut eggs in half lengthwise and carefully remove the yolks.
Mash yolks with Honey Smoked Salmon, mayonnaise and Boursin cheese. Add chives, parsley, salt and pepper and mix well. Place filling in disposable pastry bag with star tip and decoratively pipe filling into egg whites.
Rough chop crisp salmon skin into small pieces and use it to garnish filled eggs, along with chives and parsley. Serve immediately.