Honey Smoked Salmon Grilled Cheese Sandwich
It’s melty. It’s savory. It’s a salmon lover’s dream sandwich. With just a few simple ingredients and a sauté pan, you can make a gourmet grilled cheese unlike anything you’ve ever tasted before.
- 12 oz Original Honey Smoked Salmon, at room temperature (any flavor)
- 12 oz cream cheese, softened
- 12 slices baby Swiss cheese
- 3/4 cup fresh chives, finely snipped
- 2 tbsp parsley, finely chopped
- 4 tbsp fresh basil, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp lemon zest, finely shredded
- 1 fresh lemon juice
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- 6 slices white or wheat bread
- 3 tbsp butter, softened
- In a medium bowl, mix the cream cheese with the chives, parsley, basil, lemon zest and juice. Mix together and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Spread bread with soft butter on one side only. Then spread the cream cheese mixture on opposite side of each slice. Top with a slice of Swiss cheese and equal portions of Honey Smoked Salmon. Put sandwich together by placing cream cheese sides together (butter side will be on the outside).
- Lay sandwich (butter side down) in a sauté pan preheated to medium heat and cook 3-4 minutes per side or until golden brown. Flip sandwich over and repeat process. Remove from pan and serve immediately.