Honey Smoked Salmon Lemon Greek Pasta
Want a light yet filling meal? Try this pasta dish on for size. Flavored with bright lemon zest, salty feta, fresh broccoli, and Honey Smoked Salmon, this new take on Lemon Greek Pasta is sure to be a meal you’ll make again and again.
- 10 oz Original Honey Smoked Salmon (at room temperature)
- 1 lb penne pasta
- 1 bunch broccoli, cut into small florets
- 8 oz feta cheese, crumbled (2 cups)
- 2 tsp grated lemon zest (about 1 lemon)
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 4 oz sliced almonds
- 2 tsp olive oil
- Boil water. Cook pasta 3 minutes less than the package directions call for, then add the broccoli to the pot and cook 3 minutes more, until broccoli is tender and the pasta is al dente.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the feta, lemon zest, oregano, red pepper and black pepper (12 turns on pepper mill).
- Place the almonds in a small skillet over medium heat and cook for 3 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until toasted and fragrant.
- When the pasta and broccoli are done cooking, drain them and add immediately to the large bowl and toss.
- Drizzle with oil, add the toasted almonds, Honey Smoked Salmon and toss again.