Honey Smoked Salmon Lomi Lomi Salad
In Hawaiian, lomi traditionally means "to knead, to rub, or soothe; to work in and out, as the paws of a contented cat.” In Honey Smoked Fish Co. language, it simply means a delicious, salmon-drenched salad.
- 1 lb Honey Smoked Salmon, flaked (any flavor)
- 1/4 cup arugula, rough chopped
- 2 roma tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1/4 of 1 medium English cucumber, diced
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and diced
- 2 tsp toasted sesame oil
- Juice of 1 lime
- Toasted sesame seeds, garnish
- Roasted macadamia nuts, garnish
- In a large mixing bowl, combine Honey Smoked Salmon, arugula, tomatoes, English cucumbers, scallions, jalapeno, sesame oil and lime juice.
- Toss until well combined (traditionally, the salmon is flaked and “massaged” with the other ingredients by hand).
- Once the salad is ready, it can be served in wonton cups and garnished with toasted sesame seeds and/or roasted macadamia nuts.