- 1 lb Honey Smoked Salmon, brought to room temperature (We recommend using Original or Cracked Pepper)
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 cup vegetable stock or water
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 medium zucchini, diced
- 6 oz shiitake mushrooms, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 ½ cup shelled edamame
- 1 bunch fresh Italian flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 6 green onions, thinly sliced
- 4 large tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- Juice of 3 lemons, freshly squeezed
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Kosher salt and cracked black pepper to taste
Cook quinoa according to package instructions substituting water for vegetable stock.
In a large sauté pan, heat 3 tbsp olive oil to medium high and add zucchini, mushrooms and garlic. Cook until just tender, stirring occasionally.
Add edamame and heat until just warm, no more than three minutes. Remove from heat and let cool to room temperature.
Pour cooked quinoa into a large bowl and add the parsley, green onions, tomatoes, 5 tbsp olive oil, lemon juice and zest.
Toss together until well mixed. Add remaining cooked ingredients and the Honey Smoked Salmon. Season to taste with salt and pepper and toss salad again until all ingredient are incorporated. Serve immediately.