Honey Smoked Salmon & Sweet Pepper Frittata
Let’s face it, breakfast can get boring — but not when Honey Smoked Salmon is involved! Take your basic frittata up a notch with sweet peppers and hearty flakes of Honey Smoked Salmon melted with a cheesy, garlicky egg base. It's a dish you simply can't resist.
- 8 oz Original Honey Smoked Salmon, flaked into small pieces
- 4 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp garlic, minced
- 8 eggs
- 3 tbsp half and half
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- Salt/pepper to taste
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a 12” non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add onion, bell peppers and garlic, and cook until vegetables are tender.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs with half and half, cheese, basil; salt and pepper to taste.
- Preheat broiler, pour remaining oil into the skillet, then add egg mixture. Turn heat to low and cook omelet until eggs are set around the edges. Place skillet under broiler and cook until eggs are set.
- Spread the Honey Smoked Salmon evenly over top of the frittata. Loosen the edges of the frittata with a spatula and slide it out onto cutting board.
- Cut into 4 wedges, place on individual plates, and serve immediately.